Showers start and stop
Showers start and stop
Golden sunset breaks through grey
Mirrors progress made
The weather this evening felt unsettled, but calm in its own way. Light rain came and went in waves, never quite committing. Above it all, the sky stayed grey, but the sunset still found a way through—soft gold breaking across the clouds.
It felt like a reflection of where I’ve been lately.
I’ve been feeling better. There’s been less anxiety, less overthinking. Things that used to loop in my head don’t seem to hold on in the same way. I’ve been able to let moments pass, rather than getting stuck in them.
Because of that, I think I’ve been enjoying life more. Nothing dramatic—just the small, everyday things landing a bit deeper. A bit more presence. A bit more ease.
I’ve also felt more connected with my family. More switched on, more there. Not distracted by noise in my own head. Just… with them.
It reminds me of a post I wrote recently about the cherry blossoms blooming. That sense of things changing gradually, almost quietly, but still moving forward. Not all at once, not perfectly, but enough to notice.
Like the weather this evening—grey skies still hanging around, but light finding its way through anyway.
That feels about right.