Hazy dreams slipping
Hazy dreams slipping
World turns, sun warm, life passing
Night shift awaits now
It was the day after a day shift, running on around six hours of sleep.
The morning was steady enough. A few chores to tick off — picking my mam up from the shops, dropping off some old toys at the charity shop, getting some laundry sorted. Just the usual things that fill the time without much thought.
I managed to spend a bit of time with Jill and the kids too. Nothing big, just being there while the day moved along.
After something to eat, I went up for a nap, knowing I’d need it before heading into night shift.
The weather outside had turned warm and bright. One of those days where everything feels like it’s moving forward — people out, families making the most of it, the world ticking along as it should.
Sleep came, but not in a way that felt complete. Just hazy fragments, nothing I could really hold onto or remember when I woke.
Back up again, something else to eat, a bit more time with the family before getting ready to leave.
There’s always that strange feeling at this point. Not quite part of the day anymore, but not fully into the night either. Like everything’s slightly out of sync.
A bit disconnected. Just going through the motions.
Floating somewhere in between.
