Wake up late, foggy

"Wake up late, foggy
Sunrise wakes before myself
Work will have to wait"

There is a specific kind of silence that greeted me this morning—the kind that only happens when you realize your alarm went off two hours ago and you slept right through it.

For anyone who thrives on a structured start, waking up to find the sun already high in the sky is a jarring way to begin the day. Last night’s sleep was light and unrestorative, leaving me in a state of "brain fog" that felt impossible to shake.

The Cost of a Late Start

Being two hours late for work is stressful enough, but the real frustration came from the internal collapse of my morning. When you’re playing catch-up from the second you open your eyes, the things that keep you grounded are often the first to go:

  • The Routine: I managed to grab breakfast, but the "essentials" like my breathwork and meditation were sacrificed to the clock.

  • The Mindset: Without that 4-7-8 breathing to anchor me, the GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) has more room to breathe.

  • The Physical Toll: Even though I slept "extra," I feel more exhausted than if I’d woken up at 6:00 AM.

Finding the "Peace" in the Chaos

It’s easy to let a morning like this dictate the rest of the day. I’m frustrated, yes. I’m tired, certainly. But as I wrote this haiku, I realized that the third line—Work will have to wait—isn't just about being late. It’s a reminder that even when we stumble, we have to take a second to breathe (even if it’s just for a moment over a cup of coffee) before diving into the shift.

Tomorrow is a new sunrise. Hopefully, next time, I’ll be awake to see it start.


Haiku about a foggy morning and waking up late for work, featured on an atmospheric background of a morning sunrise and a cup of coffee


Popular posts from this blog

Heartbeat racing now